Home > Resources > Fact Sheets > ABCs of: Acute Urinary Retention
- Kowalik, Urszula; Plante, Mark K. (June 2016). “Urinary Retention in Surgical Patients”. The Surgical Clinics of North America.
- Selius BA, Subedi R. Urinary retention in adults: diagnosis and initial management. Am Fam Physician [Internet]. 2008 [cited 2022 Jun 14];77(5):643–50. Available from: https://www.aafp.org/pubs/afp/issues/2008/0301/p643.html
- Fitzpatrick JM, Kirby RS. Management of acute urinary retention. BJU Int [Internet]. 2006;97 Suppl 2(s2):16–20; discussion 21-2. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1464-410X.2006.06100.x
- Roehrborn CG. Acute urinary retention: risks and management. Rev Urol. 2005;7 Suppl 4(Suppl 4):S31-41. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1477606/
- UpToDate [Internet]. Uptodate.com. [cited 2022 Jun 14]. Available from: https://www.uptodate.com/contents/acute-urinary-retention?search=acute%20urinary%20retention&source=search_result&selectedTitle=1~91&usage_type=default&display_rank=1
- Sappenfield EC, Scutari T, O’Sullivan DM, Tulikangas PK. Predictors of delayed postoperative urinary retention after female pelvic reconstructive surgery. Int Urogynecol J [Internet]. 2021 [cited 2022 Jun 14];32(3):603–8. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK538497/
- Ghodoussipour S, Ladi Seyedian SS, Jiang D, Lifton J, Ahmadi H, Wayne K, et al. Predictors of need for catheterisation and urinary retention after radical cystectomy and orthotopic neobladder in male patients. BJU Int [Internet]. 2021 [cited 2022 Jun 14];128(3):304–10. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK538499/
Content – Crystal Hii, Keith Tan; Design – Crystal Hii (SIGMUM Committee of 2022/2023)
NOT MEDICAL ADVICE
The information on this website, related documents and graphics are meant for students and professionals in healthcare settings and is not a substitute for professional medical advice in terms of diagnosis and treatment.